About the Board
A Board of Directors constitutes the Executive Board of the Lutheran High School Association.
The Board of Directors consists of 12 members, comprised of three pastors, three commissioned ministers, and six laypeople elected from member congregations. Any pastor or commissioned minister serving a member congregation in an official capacity and any lay voting member of a member congregation shall be eligible for election to the Board of Directors. No more than one member from the same congregation may serve on the Board at the same time. No member of the Board of Directors shall be an officer or member of the Board of an auxiliary organization of the Lutheran High School Association.
The Board of Directors is empowered to:
- Administer the affairs of this Association to the extent and under such restrictions and limitations as may be prescribed by the Association and its Constitution and By-Laws;
- Call, appoint, or employ the necessary personnel for the Association and for the schools;
- Acquire, purchase, sell, transfer and convey, mortgage and pledge all real and personal property necessary to conduct the business affairs of this Association with the consent of the Association;
- Accept and receive grants, bequests, and devises;
- Approve the annual budget for the Association and present same for ratification in the Corporate Delegate meeting of the Association held in the month of May.